Purpose of the Prince2 Practitioner Certification Course
The purpose of the Prince2 Practitioner Certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. Candidates should be able to apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2® effectively to a project within an organizational environment supporting PRINCE2®. At the end of this course, the delegate will be prepared for the PRINCE2® practitioner exam. Specifically, candidates should:-
– Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
– Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project
– Be able to create and assess management products
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at project managers, project management consultants and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects who are required, or wish, to have a greater depth of knowledge of the method, including:-
– Project Board members, Change Board members, Auditors
– Senior Responsible Owners, Project Sponsors
– Team Managers, Product Delivery Managers
– Business Analysts, Business Change Analysts
– Subject matter experts delivering or providing expertise to a project
– Project Assurance, Project Support, Programme Office personnel
Delegates must have attained the Foundation qualification or achieved Foundation level qualification in a previous version.
In addition, delegates should allow for around 2 to 3 hours of evening work prior to taking the Practitioner examination. This is to finalize exam preparation and confirm understanding in any areas of uncertainty.
– Objective test based on a given scenario
– 8 questions each worth 10 marks
– 44 marks required to pass out of 80 available
– 150 minutes duration
– Open book