Purpose of the qualification
The course provides knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. The course covers:
– Characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2®
– Purpose of the PRINCE2® roles, management products and themes
– PRINCE2® principles
– Purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2® processes.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at project managers, project management consultants and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects who are required, or wish, to have a greater depth of knowledge of the method, including:-
– Project Board members, Senior Responsible Owners, Project Sponsors
– Team Managers, Product Delivery Managers
– Business Analysts, Business Change Analysts
– Subject matter experts delivering, or providing expertise to a project
– Project Assurance, Change Board members, Auditors
– Project Support, Project Office support staff, Programme Office personnel
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. However, it is anticipated that delegates will possess knowledge of projects or have experience of working in a project environment. This is to ensure that the intensive nature of the course does not cause delegates to struggle through the course.
– 75 questions per exam
– Multiple choice
– 60 minutes’ duration
– 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 marks available) – 50%
– Closed book