Purpose of the Prince2 Practitioner Classroom qualification
The purpose of the Prince2 Practitioner (2017) Virtual qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. Candidates should be able to apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2® effectively to a project within an organizational environment supporting PRINCE2®. Specifically, candidates should:-
– Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
– Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project
– Be able to create and assess management products
At the end of this course, the delegate will be prepared for the PRINCE2® practitioner exam.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at project managers, project management consultants and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects who are required, or wish, to have a greater depth of knowledge of the method, including:-
– Project Board members
- Senior Responsible Owners
- Project Sponsors
– Team Managers
- Product Delivery Managers
- Business Analysts
- Subject matter experts delivering or providing expertise to, a project
– Project Assurance
- Business Change Analysts
- Change Board members
– Project Support
- Project Office support staff
- Programme Office personnel
Delegates must have attained the Foundation qualification or achieved Foundation level qualification in a previous version.
In addition, delegates should allow for around 2 to 3 hours of evening work prior to taking the Practitioner examination. This is to finalize exam preparation and confirm understanding in any areas of uncertainty.
The Practitioner exam has a renewed focus on practical skills. The 2017 updated exam now tests candidates on all parts of the PRINCE2 method, with fewer questions on things like management products. The exam is now better designed, with less ‘additional information’ needed, removing assertion reason and multiple response questions. The total number of marks has been reduced from 80 to 75.
Up until the end of 2017, candidates can take either the existing or updated English versions of the PRINCE2 exam. From January 2018, all PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams will be based on PRINCE2 2017.
How is PRINCE2 2017 different?
This update has a stronger emphasis on scalability and flexibility. PRINCE2 has always been tailorable to the complexity and requirements of a project. The 2017 update makes it even easier in the following ways:
- Emphasis on the core principles of PRINCE2 – the minimum required for a PRINCE2 project, even when using a selective, scaled-down version
- The themes are more readable and support new material on tailoring projects
- Better clarity on how these principles and themes are linked
- Examples, hints and tips on how to apply this new guidance
What does the course include?
– Study material
– Interactive videos
– Online study material
- Study guides
- Terms and concepts
– Chapter tests and evaluation tests
– Official full-length mock exams
– Full length simulated Practitioner exam
– Mobile app
– Interactive case study
– Online course validity for 180 days
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.